There are some other buildings on the property as well, including two homes and the schoolhouse. While these are not original to the property, they are original to the Oklahoma City area and offer glimpses into different aspects of life at the turn of the century. These are buildings that were slated for demolition, but were relocated to the Harn property museum instead.
Before you leave the museum, be sure to stop by the gift shop, where you'll find very reasonably-priced mementos...including 25c peppermint sticks!
Just the Facts
- Located at 1721 N. Lincoln Blvd, OKC (just a stone's throw from the capitol)
- Privately-funded, non-profit museum - It is not part of the Oklahoma History Complex, but works hand in hand with them
- Offers several reasonably-priced field trip options for homeschooling families
- Guided tour and self-guided tour options
- History of the Harn Homestead
- Website : www.harnhomestead.com
Special Events at the Harn Homestead
- Land Run Days
- See more about the Land Run Days, and pick up a free unit study, here.
- Haunt the Harn - October 27, 2016
- Enjoy Haunt the Harn, a family-friendly event for children of all ages. Kids are invited to trick-or-treat at each of the historic buildings on this site and participate in games and crafts, including face-painting, a cupcake walk and pumpkin bowling. Also enjoy sweets, a hayride around the ten-acre property and the roasting of marshmallows around a campfire. Tickets are $5 in advance and $7 at the gate.
- A Territorial Christmas - December 1, 2016
- Experience the wonder of a truly old-fashioned Christmas at the Territorial Christmas Celebration at the Harn Homestead Museum in Oklahoma City. Bring the family out for a tour of the Harn Homestead, which will be fully decorated in traditional 1880s Christmas decorations. Enjoy a visit from Santa Claus, take a picture with him and enjoy complimentary treats. There will also be cookie decorating, ornament making and hayrides of the property. Visit the Harn Homestead and make new family memories at this annual holiday celebration. This year, they plan to have more craft vendors than past years! Tickets are $5 in advance and $7 at the gate.